Pages

Mar 29, 2009

The Twicess Walmart (Or, the Princess Bride)

I had so much fun last night!
Woot!
Alright.
Now I will tell you all about it, because I know you are dying to find out what happened.
Yesterday was my friend, Sage's, birthday partay!
We watched Twilight, prank called, watched the Princess Bride, talked, went to the YW Conference, ate chocolate, went to-
Why don't I tell you all about it, instead?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Flash Back Begins~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dad? Dad! Daddy? Father? David? Brent!" I called throughout the house.
Finally, I decided to go outside.
"Father?" I shouted outside. I walked around the house, and finally came across him pouring chemicals on weeds in the front yard.
"Dad! Where's mom? I'm fifteen minutes late for Sage's party!" I yelled at him.
"She's out to lunch with her friends. And it's your fault that you're late," he scolded.
"Well, I don't want to be much later, so can you drive me?" I asked.
"Alright," he said.
(I actually skipped a couple of parts. I just want to get this scene over with.)
"Bye, Dad!" I called, and slammed the car door shut and jumped onto Sage's trampoline, where they were all waiting for me.
We talked, and then went inside and tromped downstairs into her basement. Sage popped in Twilight and we sat and watched it for a while. During the movie, we chucked paper cups at each other that were crumpled up in little balls. We did that for about twenty minutes. We get entertained easily. And the movie was running while we were doing it. Finally, we turned back to the movie, and when it was almost over, I noticed that Ashley, McKena, and Melia were gone. Since I like to intrude on things, I poked around the house, trying to find them. I found them in Sage's room. They were laughing, talking on the phone.
"What are you guys doing?" I whispered, trying not to interrupt their conversation.
"Prank calling," Melia whispered back.
"That is so immature," I scolded, but sat down on Sage's bed and listened to their conversation anyway.
Ashley was doing the talking.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"A friend of Kena's," Melia replied.
(I think his name was Chance. I know it started with a 'c')
"Who is this?" Chance yelled.
"Um, its Ashley," Ashley replied not-so truthfully.
"Do you go to my school?" he replied.
"Yep," she said, and then whispered to McKena, "What school does he go to?"
(Since I can't remember, I will just say he goes to Mountain Ridge.)
"Mountain Ridge," Kena whispered back.
"What is the school?" he asked.
"Mountain Ridge," Ashley shot back.
"What? Oh, well, are you in any of my classes?" he asked.
And the list goes on and on. The phone went back and forth between Ashley and Mel, but never to me. Thank goodness!
Sage came into her room when Twilight was over, and said that the YW Conference was going to start in 10 minutes. So we dashed upstairs and grabbed out bags with church clothes in them, and changed quickly. Then we piled outside and walked to the Stake Center by her house and watched the broadcasting of it. Then we walked home. By that time, it was about 7:45, and we had to change back into our clothes and get ready for Walmart.
Then, we piled into Sage's car, and I got to sit in the trunk with Alexandra, Ashley, and Mel. We talked and sang nonstop on the way. It was pretty fun.
Then we walked into the new Walmart by Cedar Ridge. We waited for everyone else to show up. We were paired into two teams, and had to fulfill tasks like, "Buy the cheapest candy and give it to a little kid" or whatever. Hee hee! My team won! But by a couple seconds! Phew, it was scary.
So we were at the checkout, buying the last thing, when the other team got in a shorter line, and they started checking their stuff out too! So we were screaming, and this lady in front of us let us butt her, (whom we thanked gratefully) and we quickly bought the stuff. We shoved the money into the clerks face, (he hadn't even scanned the items yet) and my friend shouted,
"Keep the change and receipt!" Our friends were all finished, but they didn't know we hadn't put our stuff in a bag or anything, so they were taking their own sweet time walking to the finish. They then saw us pounding down the aisle, and when we ran past them, I tipped my imaginary hat and said,
"Afternoon, suckers!" and shot past them. They were thunderstruck. They started running full steam ahead, but we made it to the finish ONE SECOND before they did. It was heart-pounding, but exciting!
Ciao for now!
Lizzy

No comments: