Pages

Apr 17, 2012

Kidding

Okay, I gave up on the grammar thing.  If you want to see some good (and hilarious) posts about grammar, just head on over to the Oatmeal, a wonderful website with original pictures!

(WARNING: People who go to the website put themselves at risk of swearing and profanity)

I hope all y'all had a great spring break.  I did absolutely nothing.

Nothing.

I stayed at home, reread the Percy Jackson series (and the Lost Hero and Son of Neptune) in about two / three days, acted like a vegetable in front of the computer and television, and played Temple Run.  A lot.

Ah...Temple Run.

Typical thoughts running through my head while playing the game:

Okay, run run run.  Jump.  Slide.  Left left left.  Ah!  Right or left?!  RIGHT.  Oh, okay, phew.  Hey, I wonder what time it is...AH! That was close.  I almost got decapitated!  I--wait, why is my phone jumpy?  It won't register!  The game is jumpy!  I'm going to DIE...AH--dang, I fell.
...
AGAIN!

It hasn't become a full blown obsession yet, thank goodness.  In my church class the other day, we had a Temple Run competition to see who could stay alive the longest.  (I did not participate, however, because it hadn't come out for Android yet)  One girl in my class lasted, I swear, for about ten minutes.  My teacher instantly regretted setting up the competition.

Honestly, I'm not even that good.  Haven't even cracked a million.

WHAT?!  Lizzy, you failure!  My high score is 136,574,924!  Beat that!
Okay, dude.  Let's get real.  This guy is never going to leave the temple.  Ever.  It's an endless labyrinth of fire and gaps.  And the guy never learns his lesson.  He keeps taking the freaking idol! What an idiot...

What is it that makes this game so enticing?  The thrill of adventure?  The near death experiences?  The 90 degree hairpin turns that keep you on the edge of your seat?  A rerun of Indiana Jones? (minus that fact that Indiana here actually makes it out alive) 
Thumb exercises?

I've noticed that I'm acting very hypocritical here.  I talk about playing it a ton during Spring Break, and then several sentences down I'm complaining about how stupid it is.

I don't really have an explanation for it.  All I know is that when I'm leaving for choir tour, my battery is going to be on the down low from the playing of the Temple Run.

Again, it's not an obsession. Yet.

No comments: