Pages

Nov 26, 2008

Grounded....Or Not?

I have no idea which one I am. Grounded or not?? My mom is still considering. If I am, then I won't be able to go to Twilight (again!) with Chase and Sadie. Since we didn't give Chase a birthday present (and I still feel bad about it) and she hasn't seen Twilight yet, we were thinking that we could take her as a little not-so-surprise birthday thing! You see, it all started this morning with Charlie Brown, an upset stomach, and a bowl of cereal.

FLASH BACK BEGINS

A couple days ago, for YW (Young Woman's, if you don't know) we went Ice Skating. It was SO much fun! While we were there, one of the leaders, Sister Robinson, gave us each a dollar bill and we could go buy some soda. I got a Fanta Orange. It was delicious, but I didn't finish it. When it was time to go, we piled in the car, laughing and having fun. Chase was the first to say that her stomach hurt on the way back, and then Sadie. I thought that they were joking. Then, dun dun dun dunnnnn, it struck me. I think since that I was drinking soda in the car, and the ride home was bumpy, that Carbon Dioxide wanted to get out, but my stomach wouldn't let it, so I had a killer stomach ache. I felt like I was going to throw up. And it hit me the worst. And I have a weak stomach.
"Lizzy, are you okay? You look a little green," Sadie said.
"Uuuunnngggghhh," I groaned.
"What's wrong?" Chase asked.
"Tummy," I said, and burped a little bit.
Chase started laughing at my burp, but Sadie was serious.
I leaned my head back on the seat, and closed my eyes, trying to ignore my rumbling stomach. When we got home, Chase and Sadie came over to my house. Chase stayed for only a little bit because she had to get something, but Sadie stayed.
"Just throw it up already!" Sadie joked, trying to make me feel better.
"I can't," I moaned, "It doesn't want to come out. I think it wants to give me pain as a punishment for drinking and driving."
Sadie laughed. I chuckled a bit, but then 'unghed' again.
I was laying down on the arm of the couch, and my dad was distracted watching Dancing With the Stars.
Sadie stayed with me a bit, but then said that she had to go.
"Bye," I said quietly.
"See ya later," she said, and left.
I quickly ran upstairs, and pulled on my PJ's, and instanly fell asleep. I didn't get much sleep that night, becuase of my tummy. When I woke up this morning, I felt a little better, but was really tired.
I went downstairs and mom wanted to watch, It's Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown! I agreed, and turned on the TV and the show. After a little while, my mom left the room, and it was just me, Emma, and Elena watching the show. Then, my mom said that I needed to eat my cereal, because I hadn't, and it was already nine-thirty. I said okay, and then returned to the show. I got distracted, and completely forgot that I had to eat. I was also really tired, so I didn't want to get up from the couch, because I had like, no sleep that night.
"Lizzy?" my mom called from upstairs.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Have you eaten your cereal yet?"
I thought she said, have you started your cereal yet. So I got up and pulled out a bowl.
"Um, yes," I said. Then I realized that I was mistaken. "Wait, what did you say?"
"I said, have you eaten your cereal yet!" my mom shouted.
"Oh! No..." I said quietly.
"What?!" my mom shouted. "I am so sick and tired of you getting distracted, and not paying attention to any word I say! You know what? You are grounded!"
"What?!" I shouted myself.
"You heard me!" she said, and closed her door.
I sulkily poured some cereal and chewed furiously. I knew I deserved punishment, but being grounded seemed a little too harsh. I thought about how to get out of this while I chewed. Well, I could do extra chores, or do chores with out being asked. Yes, that seemed like a good idea. I got up and unloaded the dishwasher. Then I swept, swiffered, and mopped the kitchen floor. (Remember, I was not asked to do any of this!) Then I folded my dad's clean work clothes, and then started washing the red laundry, and then sorted all of the dirty clothes. We have a laundry shoot, and the clothes were going up it. That is a LOT! I was then satisfied with my work. I went upstairs, and then told my mom. She congradulated me, and then started considering wether or not I am grounded or not.
FINALLY!! My mom said I'm not grounded! I can go see Twilight!! YAY!!
From a happy Lizzy,
Lizzy

No comments: