Pages

Aug 19, 2011

Return

Woah!  What is this?!  A blog post?  Since when?  What are those?  Huh?  Where am I?

The reason why I am returning is because I felt guilty.  I was at a birthday party last night, and my friend randomly turns to me and says, "Post on your blog!  I'm getting bored reading the same things over and over."  I had no idea that people actually read it...I mean, I know I have nine followers, but I thought it was out of pity than anything else.  Then I was flattered, because someone actually checks if I've posted.  Then I felt bad that I had them keep reading a silly quote that my little sister said two months ago.  I even made this my New Year's resolution!  I could get paid blogging!  I could even get paid for posting videos on Youtube!  Ahh!  And then it got me thinking that the view counter I have posted slyly  on the side bar is at 1000, but I thought those views were from me checking to see if any of the changes worked that I applied on my blog.  Although the majority is, some of those views are genuine!  Like, people check to see if I've done anything.  Someone who I've never met before actually commented on one of my posts!  I felt pretty happy.  Then I felt determined to keep posting more on my blog.  Like, a 365 day challenge. (the same thing I'm doing with my retainer to see if it'll actually turn into a habit...we'll see)  Then I got crestfallen because I'm not that dedicated.  Then I made a goal to become dedicated!  Then I thought that I still wouldn't be dedicated.  It might help for the first two blog posts, but then seep into nonbeing ("which is to say, everything."  I just quoted something.  Brownie points to the person who knows what I just quoted.  And what book number.  And the person who said it.  And why) where the spare keys and bits of fluff are stored.  Then for some reason that got me thinking of the Red Pyramid, by Rick Riordan. (a good book, by the way).
Argh, I need to get my head screwed on straight I thought to myself. Why am I thinking about pyramids that are red?!
Then I started to think back on track and then I noticed that sometimes I don't have good ideas for what I'm going to blog.  Sometimes the only things that come to mind is (and this is seriously what I think about when I'm bored): Cat. Watermelon. Garden hose.  Oh yeah, I need to water today.  Is it raining?  Ah!  Lightning!  Get underneath a doorframe! Wait...that's for earthquakes.  What are you supposed to do when it's lightning...-ing?  Texas has lots of storms.  Alison!  My friend is from Texas.  I wonder what she's doing...I should take some pictures of the lightning...Harry Potter!  He has a scar on his forehead...Lightning! HOLY CRAP WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!



And that is what I thought entirely in about ten seconds when someone asked me why I didn't blog anymore.  I snapped out of it when someone yelled, "CUPCAKES"
Then I thought about eating them.  I'm hungry...wow...What would I do if I was starving in the middle of the desert...CACTUS JUICE! "it's a giant mushroom...MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!"

Hey!  A decent sized blog post.  Maybe I should do this more often...

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Professor Mcgonagal, book seven, to get into ravenclaw tower (the question is where do vanished objects go.)

Anonymous said...

I love you, Taylor.