Pages

Oct 20, 2011

[Insert Title Here]

I'm not quite sure what to talk about, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I have a dear dear friend who has just had the privilege of living and wreaking havoc on this planet for 17 years.
You know, I've always wondered if, while we are in heaven, if we choose the amount of days we have to live.  Is it just a random thing?
How many days do my parents have?
My siblings?
Myself?
One day I took a test to see how long I would live and how I died.  I lived to be 72 years old and died by inhaling a tissue while sneezing.  Well, if that happens, at least I have a good story to tell the people in the after-life.
I once heard a quote (and I am not going to say this correctly, just to warn you) "Everyone has a limited amount of words.  When those words start to run out, we begin to die.  Be sure to save good words for your last."  or something like that.  I actually liked that quote.  It makes death a lighter subject.
Almost, though. Not quite.
This reminds me of an experience that I was slightly involved in.  Not completely, though.
There was a girl who lived in my neighborhood who got leukemia.  She was 12 years old.  She died, and she even made the decision to.  She was tired of taking treatment, and wanted it to be over.  She didn't want to suffer anymore.  She told her parents and planned her funeral with them.  This girl had such strength and courage, and she was able to stare down death in the face.  She was completely brave.  She might have been scared about death, but she was brave.  You can be brave and scared at the same time.  When she was in her pre-mortal state or something, do you think that she knew that she would die at that age, and that she would make the decision as well?  Did she choose her death?
I wonder what will happen to me?
This also slightly pertains to people with mental illnesses.  Before they came to Earth, did they make the decision to be mentally retarded, or suffer from autism, etc.?  Or were they chosen at random, and didn't have a say about it?  Did they know at all what would soon happen to them?
These questions are opening up more questions, and my brain is beginning to hurt.
This also opens up to the fact of what might happen to us in the future?  What will happen to me in the next five minutes?  Hour? 12 hours? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?  Will I make it that long?
Fear of the unknown will get us nowhere.  Looking back to the past won't move you forward, either.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.  That is why they call it present."













Yes, I did just quote Kung Fu Panda.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lizzy. Pay more attention in seminary, you silly person. All deaths are per-ordained, except suicides. So you either chose when you were going to die, or you had a mission to accomplish in heaven so you had to die when you did.
Oh. And I love your face. Just by the way.