Pages

May 27, 2012

Rings

It is official.  I've finally fallen in love.

Who's the lucky (or not so lucky) guy, you might ask?

Samwise Gamgee.  Or just Sam.  You may know him as that.

This fella is the nicest, sweetest, kindest Hobbit to ever walk earth.

Er, Middle-earth.

So, finals were this week, and now school is over.  Senior year, here I come.  You ain't seen nothing yet.  I was so mentally exhausted, and physically, too (three hour dance practices do that to you), that when I got home from my last day of school (and dance), I trudged upstairs, changed into sweats and locked myself in my parents room with all the lights off.

I then popped in Lord of the Rings in the DVD player.  It was the extended version.  I snuggled under the covers and watched the Fellowship of the Ring.

Now, even though I have been in the possession of all the extended versions of all the Lord of the Rings movies, I'd never actually, heh, seen...them..

BLASPHEMY! some of you may cry, shoving your pointed fingers into my face.

Yeah, well, I hadn't, and I felt like it was a good time to start.  I'd seen bits and pieces of the movies when my brother was going through his LoTR binge, but I'd never stayed to watch the entire movies.

It was gooood...

I could not stop watching them.  Once I was finished, I started the Two Towers and fell asleep on my parents bed.  Yesterday, I finished the movie and watched all of the Return of the King.

I am in love.  Not just with Sam, even though I am (he made me cry!), and maybe Pippin, too, I freaking love the series.  I got up this morning and went straight to the family bookcase and pulled out the trilogy in book form. 1000 pages of Frodo Baggins and Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli.  GAH.

Once I finish that, I seriously can not wait until the Hobbit comes out in December.  I. Can't. Wait.

Now, excuse me while I go watch all of the bonus features and drool over Sean Astin.

1 comment:

Dani said...

You. poor. deprived. child...

I'm glad you've finally joined the Samwise Gamgee fan club :)