Pages

Jan 10, 2011

Be Still My Heart...Sounds Like Suicide

Ha.
I was meaning to post yesterday, but it sorta slipped my mind so I'm doing it now. So far, New Years Resolution is a success!
Saturday was a rather eventful day. My mom had left to take Eric to a basketball game and took Laney with her so it was just me and Emma at home. (Dad was at work) About twenty minutes after she left, Emma and I were on Hulu watching all of these behind-the-scenes videos on this TV show that we absolutely adore. (Merlin=best. show. forever. and. ever)
While we were watching the show, suddenly we heard this "Beeeoooooowwwww" noise and then all of the lights and computer screen flickered and then went out completely.
Emma and I sat there in the dark, staring at each other. It was really scary because she and I were home alone with no means of communication to our parents to tell them what happened.

What do you mean?
I mean that we had no way to call our parents.
Yes, yes, we already know that. Don't you have a cell phone?
I know that. It is currently lost. And Eric had a cell phone, too, but we couldn't find it. I'm going back to the story now.

Emma and I just stared at each other. Instantaneously, she and I jumped up and smacked all of the light switches throughout the house to see if any worked. None did. We then decided that now was the right time to find my cell phone. We tore up the entire house but we could not find it. It was ridiculous. We gave up and then walked over to Alison's house. About halfway there, my mom pulled up in her car and we explained everything that happened. After dropping off the kids that she had taken with her, she left again with Laney to go up to University Mall and have dinner with her family to celebrate her birthday. Emma stayed home so she could get ready for a birthday party and I went back over to Alison's.
After a few hours of messing around, we flicked on Biggest Loser and decided to eat some pizza. I laughed at the irony. When we got five minutes into the show, the power went out AGAIN. Since it was about 6:30, it was pitch black in her house, and while I was fumbling around for a light switch, I tripped on her dog. Thankfully I caught myself on the counter (which was sheer luck) and did not die.

I know this post was rather random and quite uneventful (or interesting) but I felt the need to put this on so I would be able to remember it later.

--Lizzy

No comments: