Pages

Jan 16, 2011

These Pockets Are For My Child. I'm A Kangaroo.

Again, I really don't know what to say, but I guess something will come out eventually.

I've noticed that after going back a couple years to see what my entries have been like, I sound overly excited and chipper. I also used the caps button a lot. But in these recent posts, I sound monotone and bored. Reading back on posts just posted a couple days ago, I'm baffled that I sound so annoyed about everything.
Why on Earth do I sound like that?
Sheesh...

Something just popped in my head. Janessa has moved to Virginia. And I missed her farewell. I feel so bad! I was invited and everything, but I completely forgot about it. I really hope she updates her blog frequently so I can see what life is like on the East coast.
(PS. The water there is like a bath. It's about 70 degrees. Feels wonderful!)

Another thing. I can't access Heather's blog. It says that there is no such thing. Have I dreamed reading it? Is Heather nonexistent? Is she just a figment of my imagination? Have I been in a coma since I was 8 years old and made up an imaginary world that I will never be able to wake up from? If so, why do I allow myself to go to Physics? Why did my mind invent such a torturous subject? Ha, never mind.
To tell you the truth...I'm really hoping I haven't been in a coma since I was 8. That would be horrid. But, it would mean that I would still be living in California, but I can't decide if that would be good or bad yet.

Since I don't know what I should really type, how about we pull a random question from the Journal Jar!

What was I into when I was a child? (Barbie, My Little Pony, etc.)

Weyell, this is actually a pretty good question. Being an only child for about five years, you would suspect that I was a girly-girl, unimaginative blob of hearts and jewelry. I beg to differ.
I was very imaginative, thank you very much.
First of all, I was totally into Hot Wheels when I was little. I would make up tracks with my blocks and run my little cars along the surface. But, I was slightly girlish. I did play with Barbies and I did play with My Little Pony. I actually only had one My Little Pony, and it was my pride and joy.
How 'bout I tell you a little story about my My Little Pony.

It all began...on a day that my mother was teaching piano. When ever these certain students would come over, they would bring their little sister, Victoria, who was my age over to play. (We were about 5, so Eric was pretty close to coming to our family)
It was just a couple days after Christmas, so I wanted to show off all of my new toys.
"Didja see my Bullseye the horse pillow? I like to pretend to ride it with my cowboy hat. Oh, and my Jessie doll? And my Mic?" (I was a HUGE Toy Story fan when I was little)
"Yeah, yeah," Victoria said, "do ya have anything else to play with?"
I gasped.
"Yes! But we have to be really careful with it. It's reeaaallly special to me and I like it lots," I told her.
"Yeah, yeah," she said again. "Where is it?"
"Over here," I said, and led her to my room. I had cleverly hid my new toy underneath the cushion of my rocking chair in my room. I bustled over and hid the hiding spot with my back and then pulled it out.
When I pulled it out, imagine your brain camera zoomed in on the wondrous object, glistening with a spotlight on it, with sparkles dancing around it, and angels singing, "Aaaahhhh!"in the background.
It was a pale purple My Little Pony with flowing gold hair. It was still in top condition because I didn't play with it. I just liked to look at it. (Ha, not really, I just didn't want to ruin it so I was extremely careful with it)
"Wow!" Victoria bellowed, and lunged for it.
"AH! No!" I said, dancing out of her reach. "We aren't playing with it! This toy is special. I want to take good care of it, but I wanted to be nice and show you." I glared at her.
"I know! We can cut her hair! 'Cause that wouldn't be playing with it," Victoria suggested.
"Are you crazy?! That'll ruin it, Victoria," I shouted.
"Fine," she said bluntly.
I pulled out some Barbies and we began to play with them--after I put the My Little Pony on my dresser.
After a couple of minutes, she got up.
"I need to go to the potty," she announced. "While I'm gone, set up the house for the Barbies."
"Okay," I agreed, and turned my back to the door and promptly started on the Barbie house.
After a couple of minutes without hearing a flush, I got suspicious. Why was Victoria taking so long?
About two minutes later, I started to hear some snipping noises.
I whirled around, and to my horror, I saw Victoria surrounded by plastic gold hair, holding scissors and my My Little Pony doll, the gold hair jutting irregularly from the fake scalp, about a millimeter long.
I screamed, and she jumped, instantly putting the scissors and the pony behind her back.
"Victoria, you stupid girl!" I yelled at her. Tears started to course down my face, and I wrestled with her to get the scissors and the pony back. After triumphantly snatching the doll from her hands, I started to shriek at her.
"I told you not to cut her hair and you did it anyway! You are the meanest, dumbest person ever!!" I screamed through tears.
Victoria bristled and started to defend herself.
"Well you are so boring! You are no fun!" she shouted back.
"Leave my house, Victoria! Right now!" I grabbed her shoulders and literally shoved her out of my room and slammed the door in her defiant face. I slumped to the floor and sobbed, running my fingers over its ugly hair.
I heard Victoria stomp downstairs right when her mom came to pick her up.
"Victoria, why was Elizabeth screaming?" her mother asked.
"Because she's mad at me," said Victoria.
"What did you do?"
"I cut her dolls hair," she said bluntly, unashamed.
"Victoria!" her mom yelled.
I heard a scuffle, and smack, and then a pained yelp.
"I'm so sorry," I heard Victoria's mother say to my mom. "I don't know what she's gotten into. I understand if you are angry."
I heard Victoria cry out again, and then the front door close.
I walked downstairs, holding the pony.
"I'm sorry, Elizabeth," my mom said.
"I never want her over again. Never. Ever!" I yelled.
She never came over again after that.

--Lizzy

1 comment:

Alison said...

OH MY CRAP you totally quoted me in your heading! And I'm wearing that exact cardigan RIGHT NOW!