Pages

Jan 6, 2011

My Beanie Just Landed on a Ladder

Unfortunately, I don't know what I'm going to write, so I guess something will come to me in a few minutes.
Actually, I am very glad that the semester is about to end. I've managed to get my grades up to my standard. (All A's and a C in Physics, although I'm sure that grade is going to go up again because there are more things we are going to be turning in) but the two things that I can't wait for the classes to get shuffled up in is Geometry and Seminary. You might be thinking, "What? Seminary? But that is the best class ever!" Well, my dear imaginary readers, it may be fine and frolicking-through-the-flowers-dandy for you but for me, let's pretend that a wildfire went through that pretty meadow of flowers you just previously frolicked through.
That may sound pretty pessimistic and extremely over-exaggerated (which it probably is) but I don't really like that class.
I'm not saying I don't like the class, like the subject. I love Seminary. It's the people in my class that aren't spirit-lifters.
"What?" you might ask. "I don't understand."
Allow me to explain.
Those people in Seminary are (from my favorite selections from the Thesaurus) snippy, rude, blasphemous, and/or discourteous.
I choose discourteous.
My teachers is the very quiet and kind type of person. They totally take advantage of that and while he is teaching the lesson they get up from their seats, walk in front of him (they don't even bother to sneak over to the other side of the room), sit on their knees, and start talking to their friends.
It. Drives. Me. Insane.
They don't bother to stay inconspicuous. They do it openly. They walk in front of him.
Oh, he tells them to stop. Do they listen?
What do you think...?
He'll say, "Take your seats, now."
They decide to talk for five more minutes and then sit down.
"Stop talking!"
They say, "But I wasn't talking."
Pff.
Yeah. Right.
They even leave the classroom without asking. They just get up and leave.
My poor teacher tries to calm them down, start the lesson, and get on with it but they never listen. The spirit is very weak in that room.
I enjoyed 9th grade Seminary more. We got started, everyone was friends, and the spirit was so strong in our classroom. Here, the grades are mixed so we have juniors and seniors in our class, they don't even give us sophomores the time of day, and they act very disrespectful.
Siiighhh.
I can't wait for next semester. I'm praying for a good class that I can feel the spirit in.
Please. Please.
Geometry is almost the same, except they don't get up and walk around the class room.
In other words, they won't shut up.
I can't concentrate at all. They are always talking and talking and blabbing and yacking and blah-blahing. Ugh! Everyone just be quiet. Just ten minutes of silence, please. That's all I'm asking.
Just...ten...minuuteesss....
Just an example about how annoying some of the kids in my class are:
My friend had a water bottle in class because she was slightly sick and the water helped her throat feel better. A kid walks by, picks up her water bottle from her desk and drinks out of it. The whole thing.
Gone.
She had just filled it.
He just picked it up and drank it.
What?
I guess the plan blew up in his face because she was sick and coughing and he just drank from her water bottle without asking.
Ha!
I think I'm all done venting, now.
--Lizzy