Pages

Jan 23, 2010

Concert Singers have Crazy Good Times!

Today we had the big one.
I mean, the big big one.
It was huge, man, huge.
It was the concert that us Concert Singers have been preparing for all year. It it went perfectly!
Yay!
It was so much fun!
We sang the songs (in this order): Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal; Bashana Haba'ah; and Hallelujah, Amen.
It was amaaaayyyyyzing!
Well, I have to tell you a crazy story that happened to me today!



Okay, well...
Have you been to Cottonwood Highschool in Salt Lake City?
No?
Yes?
I don't remember?
Well, anyway, we performed there because it is the largest auditorium in the state so more people can fit in it for more concerts.
Anyway (again) there are the stairs to the balcony on one side (the left) and on your right there is a HUGE commons area that's just a blank floor with steps on either side to get to the lunchroom. Near the commons area, there is a double drinking fountain.
By double drinking fountain I mean its just a big block of something just hanging around in the middle of the room, and then there is a drinking spout on one side, and another drinking spout on the other side.
Make sense?
Okay, so we were in our lines, getting ready to go inside when I got really thirsty.
I made my friend, Julie, come with me. She was thirsty too, don't worry!
So she goes on one side of the block of something, and I go on the other, and we start drinking. We pressed the drinking buttons at the same time, so it was just a small trickle of water, which caused us to lean our heads down to drink it easier.
I finished before Julie, and I leaned away (still with water in my mouth, getting ready to swallow) when I let go of the little button. The water flew out of the spout on Julie's side, and sprayed her in the face, causing her to inhale the water!
I started laughing really hard, when I realized I still had water in my mouth and I had tried to breathe and swallow at the same time, causing me to start choking! I started retching and coughing, spraying water down my front and all over the drinking fountain and the floor.
I couldn't breathe!
Julie runs over and starts slapping me on the back really hard, screaming, "Live, Lizzy, live!"
Some of the boys in their lines started watching me, their mouths open in a perfect O.
I finally manage to suck in a small breath, enough for me to cough out the water that was stuck, (if you know what I'm saying).
I slump down to the floor, cough a couple more times, and then start laughing like crazy!
Julie was still freaking out, still trying to thump me on the back a couple more times, but I was fine after that.
Then we started laughing so hard that--I swear--our ribs cracked. I was still worn out from the coughing, and it hurt to breathe in hard, but I was just grateful I didn't pass out.
Things like that always make you laugh hysterically.
Ah, those near-death experiences.
Well, I gotta go to bed!
Ciao,
Lizzy

No comments: