Pages

Jan 26, 2010

Today...AUGH!

Oh.
My.
Good.
Ness.
AAAAHHHHH!


You will never guess what happened today!!!
A little background:
Today was the day when the rest of the girls in 9th Grade PE went cross-country skiing.
There.

Alright, since you can't guess what happened today, I will tell you.
Thank me.
You're welcome!! :]

It all started...

I was in French.
We were trying to say "She is Canadian" (Elle est canadienne) when Sammy Scoresby's phone started ringing.
"Sammy!" Mrs. Asay said reproachfully. Sammy is her favorite, I KNOW it! "Give me your phone!"
"Sorry, Mrs. Asay...," Sammy said, pulling out her phone, "wait, Amber's calling." (Amber was on the skiing trip)
Mrs. Asay sighed and rolled her eyes.
Sammy opened her phone and put it on speaker.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Sammy? Sammy. Sammy!"
"What, what Amber, I'm right here! What is it?"
"Oh my gosh, you'll never believe what happened!"
"What? What is it!?" Sammy said, looking worried.
"Our bus just got in a car crash!! Oh my gosh!! Augh!"
We were silent.
"Sammy? Hello? Hello-oo?"
"I'm...right...here...," Sammy said faintly.
Mrs. Asay had a hand clapped over her mouth.
What happened? I said silently.
"What happened?" Sammy asked.
"We were just driving along, and suddenly we slammed on the brakes, and there was this terrible screeching. Suddenly there was this huge crash and we all flew forward. I think everyone's okay, just some small bruises, but I'm not sure about the truck. This is a huge bus, and it just crashed into this small truck," Amber said breathlessly.
"Ohmygosh," we all said quietly.
"I have to go, Sammy, we're trying to get everything solved. I'll call you later!"
The phone went dead.
We all started talking at the same time, but we had to get back to the lesson.
Ten minutes later, Sammy got a text.
It said:
'we r fine. the truck is completely destroyed
and there is a huge dent in the front of the bus.
no one was hurt but 2 little girls in the truck had
to go to the hospital 4 medical papers. waiting 4
diff bus.
~Amber~'


Later that day, I was packing up my stuff into my backpack to go home, when my friend, Julie, came up behind me.
I whirled around.
"JULIE!" I yelled joyfully, "You're okay!!"
"Yeah, I'm fine! That was so scary! There was this huge stop, and then this huge CRASH and we all slammed into the front of the seats. I have a headache and my neck hurts, but I'm fine. The scary thing is, is if we were over three more feet, we would've gone in the river, and bye-bye us. We were blessed."
"I'll say! I'm just happy you're okay! I was so scared the whole day!"
We hugged, and walked out together.

Well, I'm just happy that everyone is okay, and that no huge damage was done to people.
I'm so thankful!
Well, ciao for now!
Lizzy

No comments: