Pages

Jun 4, 2008

Summer Swimming

On Saturday, my friend Lizzie invited me to go to the American Fork Rec Center to go swimming. What was the sad part, was when she came to pick me up, I told her what I was bringing. Towel, swimsuit, money, clothes, and shoes. She told me that I got everything. I said bye to my mom, and went into her car, and we drove to the pool. (We finally found it. We had to ask a family where the rec center was. They were very nice). We then ran inside (we were the only ones going. Me and her) and put our stuff in a locker, and ran outside. It was warm, but a little windy, and the asphalt hurt our bare feet. We set our stuff down on the grass, and jumped into the pool. That was so much fun! We then reluctantly got out because we were hungry, and I bought us some stuff to eat at the vending machines. We then lay down on our towels and snacked on Trolli Sour Gummy Worms. We then got back in the pool, and then went on the water slide they have there. Jeez, that thing is way up there! I hate climbing on metal stairs high up, like at Seven Peaks, because it just feels like the whole thing is going to break, and you're going to splat on the ground. And the wind was blowing pretty hard up there too, so it was freezing! P.S. We were wet. 'Nuff said. We went down the slide, and into the lazy river a couple of times. We then got back in line to go down the slide, but then they closed the slide for some weird reason. When Lizzie and I walked down the stairs, we saw life guards running around all over the place, and saw a black life guard pushing his way passed the crowd, with a floating stretcher over his shoulder. We then saw a life guard in the pool beneath the slide floating an unconscious body. We heard rumors that the man broke his back on the slide. Good gracious! That memory will be stuck in my mind forever. They had evacuated the whole pool. Even the ones on the other side. Why, I do not know. They eventually let us back into the pools, and we just hung out in the lazy river for the rest of the time we were there. Lizzie dropped me back off at my house, and I changed into some clothes. Later that night, when I was getting dressed, I felt this stinging feeling on my shoulder. I looked down, and saw the hugest burn ever. That was the one thing we had forgotten. Sunscreen. I felt like the biggest doofus in the whole world. I looked on my other shoulder, and saw another burn there too. Then I twisted around to look at my back, and there was a burn there! OUCH!! I put some Green Ice on my burns (Green Ice is like this jelly like substance, and you rub it on your burns. It's cooling lotion), and wore a tank top during the night, and my burns still hurt today! Yowch! Well, at least they are healing.
Well, ciao for now!
Lizzy

No comments: