Pages

May 30, 2008

Finally An 8th Grader!

EEEEEEEE!!!!! I am SO happy! School is over! WOO HOO!!! I remember the first day of school, and everything seemed big and scary. And the worry that you would be shunned and that no one would want to be around you, or you wouldn't make any friends. And P.S., but I've just noticed that I am now a big CASCADA fan. She sings the "Every Time We Touch" song. You know, 'cause every time we touch, I feel lighter, and every time we kiss, I feel I could fly' or however it goes. I am so happy.
When we first got to school, we were locked out, because the teachers were setting up little stations where they would check your bags if you brought any dangerous stuff, like guns, pocketknives, or stinkbombs. You know, the ordinary drill. Lizzie, my friend, got held up because she brought a jean bag. You know, a bag made of jeans, like pants?? Eh, eh? You gettin' it? I thought not. But Lizzie knows what I'm talking about, don't you Lizzie? (I just remembered, I was supposed to email Lizzie when I got home. Oops. O_o Hee hee. Okay, moving on.) They had to take it away too.
We then went to our B1 class, for about 5 minutes so they could take roll. Why do that do that, if it is the last day of school? I thought they didn't record it anymore..... Then they called us down to the gym so we could do absolutely.......................................................NOTHING! They set up National Treasure, did bike races, and played tag and basketball in one dinky little gym. (The only reason why it was dinky was because they had the bleachers set up, and those things are HUGE! They take up tons of space. That's why. ANYWAY, they didn't let you leave the gym. They had teachers set up like fences, and if you had something in the classroom or whatever, they wouldn't let you go. It was pretty annoying. You were cooped up in a little space with about 300 people in it, I think you would go claustrophobic and start going insane. We were so bored, because there was nothing to do. Yeah, there was stuff to do, but since everyone was doing it, you couldn't do anything, because of the crowds and stuff.
Finally, the bell rang and school was out. FOREVER!! (Like, the end of seventh graders for a while. I'm finally an 8th grader!) Lizzie and I left together, and tried to get her bag. It took FOREVER!! The crowd was HUGE! Then we were able to force our way through the crowd, and was able to grab Lizzie's bag. We then walked out to the buses, and stopped in front of Lizzie's bus. We then looked at each other, and hugged.
"I'm going to miss you, Lizzy," Lizzie said. (Whoa, that sounds and looks weird.... Kooky)
"I'm going to miss you too, Lizzie," I said. (We were talking in each others shoulders)
We talked about how much we were going to miss each other. Then I said:
"When I get home, I'm going to email you, okay?"
"OK," Lizzie replied. And then we parted. It made me really sad. But, yet, happy, because SUMMER IS HERE!!!
Ciao!
Lizzy

No comments: