Pages

May 24, 2008

Neighborhood Tag

My next door neighbor, Chase, was babysitting her family and James and Brielle Bowman. She invited us over so we could play together. We went outside and started tag. Yeah, there were some ups and downs about it. James wanted to go home. There was some fighting in the game. But, hey! That happens all the time, ya know? I don't mean that in a bad way though. Then, I had the worst thing happen to me. James, Cami (her younger sister, same age as Eric and James), and Eric were it. They're eight. Chase and I were running away from them, and I plowed through Eric. He didn't get hurt. But Chase then accidentally ran into James, kicking him in the shin. Chase and I kept running, because we didn't know that he was hurt. Finally, Eric screamed across our yards, saying that James was crying. Chase and I quickly ran to my backyard. James was red-faced and clutching his ankle. We made him feel better, and I then said without thinking, "James, do you miss me babysitting you?" Now, I didn't know that that would hurt Chase's feelings.
"Lizzy! That was really rude of you to say!" she said.
"What?" I said bewildered.
"That was rude! Why would you say that!" And because of me, she brought in all of the kids, saying that it was time to go inside. I saw how angry she was at me.
"Chase," I said.
"What?" she said.
"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean that. I...I'm sorry," I said sadly.
"Then why did you say that in the first place," she said angrily.
I was at a loss for words. I just made an accident, and we were getting along so well before, and suddenly we were upset at each other.
"Chase," I said again.
"What?" she snapped.
"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it like that. When I said it, it just came out," I apologized.
"It's time to go inside, now! Let's go."
I sighed. I then remembered when I was running to the trampoline, my shoes and fallen off, so I was barefoot. So I followed Chase, put on my shoes, and sniffled back to our house. When I got inside, I cried. Yes, I cried. I had felt so bad that I insulted her. Even though I hadn't meant to. Then Eric burst in crying, yelling that Chase was being mean and told him to shut up. Eric then pulled himself together, and went back outside. Then Eric came back inside, and said that Chase wanted to talk to me. I went back outside (I remembered my shoes) and went inside Chase's house. I was over there for about 7 minutes, and then I came out happy. We had forgiven each other. Then we resumed the game. It was again, full of arguing. But, hey. What's a fun tag game without the arguing?
Ciao!
Lizzy

No comments: