Pages

May 12, 2008

Monday and Mother's Day

Now I know why grown-ups hate Mondays. They have to go to work! And I had to go to school today! I was really tired. I felt like Garfield. Well, I hope you all had a good Mother's Day! I made my mom breakfast, which included blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs. After church, we went to my grandma's up in Salt Lake, and had dinner with them. We had mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, roast pork, rolls, and other stuffs for the grownups (AKA fruit salad). And for dessert, we had...................eclairs!! :D That made me really happy. We also had strawberry shortcake. And the kids went outside (AKA Me, Eric, Emma, Elena) to go play croquet. Pronounced crow-KAY. Every kiss begins with Kay! Sorry, little commercial moment there. I have to do this poetry slam thing for English. Thankfully, we don't have to memorize the poem. Here is the poem that I will be 'Slamming'.
Magic
By Grace V. Tidrow

You have magic in your finger tips,
Magic in your eye.
Magic in the arms that hold
And tell me not to cry.
There is magic in your voice
When you talk to me each day.
There is magic in your smile
And in the things you say.
There is magic in the way
You let me be myself with you.
There is magic that you teach me
To be good and brave and true.
I am growing older
And soon I'll go away,
But the magic that you taught me
Will go with me every day.


I think that that poem is very pretty. It seems very true.
Well, my little sister is getting very impatient waiting for the computer, so I gotsa go.
Ciao!
Lizzy.

No comments: